Environmental Education Program
The program for the promotion of environmental education is part of the Social Management Plan and the EMP of the El Quimbo Hydroelectric Power Plant and integrates the recommendations and proposals made by the communities and authorities in the area of influence, collected in the feedback and consultation workshops held during the month of November of 2007 and the deepening workshops on the information contained in the EMP of the El Quimbo Hydroelectric Power Plant, carried out between the months of August and September of 2008.
The Program objectives are:
- Promote awareness, training and education processes so that the population of the area of influence of the El Quimbo Hydroelectric Power Plant, and the institutions and contractors involved, establish conscious and practical relationships with the environmental management programs at the El Quimbo Hydroelectric Power Plant.
- Generate a culture of respect for the environment, proper use and management of the natural resources of the different actors in the area of influence of the El Quimbo Hydroelectric Plant.
- Provide theoretical-practical knowledge on the importance of the use, preservation and sustainable management of natural resources.
- Support and articulate the activities related to education and environmental management, with academic programs or with PRAES-School Environmental Projects at the educational centers located in the area of influence of El Quimbo Hydroelectric Plant, to generate a change in behavior and attitude of the educational community of schools vis-à-vis their surroundings.
- Promote spaces for coordination and dissemination of environmental issues and alternatives, by promoting, shaping and consolidating new or existing environmental organizations and training them as overseers.