This hydroelectric plant, the first built by a private company, will meet 8% of the country's energy demand, along with the Betania Plant located also in the Department of Huila.
The El Quimbo Hydroelectric Plant will promote the development and growth of Huila in line with the department’s competitiveness agenda, generating economic dynamism in the region. On the other hand, it will enable the generation of employment, where it is expected that in the highest construction peak, approximately 3,000 jobs will be generated in the region.
For the Country
- Guarantees the reliability of the country’s energy supply in the future.
- Increases energy security and the stability of the Colombian electricity system.
- Significantly contributes to the Nation's energy self-sufficiency.
For the Department of Huila
- It has promoted the development and growth of Huila in line with the department’s competitiveness agenda.
- It has generated economic dynamism for the region.
- It has provided important opportunities for commercial activity, which have been taken advantage of by the inhabitants of this area, in terms of local services and purchases.
- It has activated the generation of employment.