The Enel Group companies in Colombia are committed to the protection of natural resources and the quality of the natural environment. For this reason, Enel-Emgesa and Enel-Codensa develop their activities such as marketing and associated services in harmony with the environment, promoting continuous improvement, energy efficiency, the rational use of resources and the prevention of pollution.
In order to ensure compliance with the applicable legal requirements, as well as other environmental commitments undertaken voluntarily, the Group frames the Enel-Codensa and Enel-Emgesa environmental management within the following principles:
- Integrate environmental management and sustainable development concept with corporate strategy, and in the companies’ planning and decision-making process.
- Identify, control, reduce and prevent the negative environmental impacts that our activities may generate.
- Adopt cleaner production methods and eco-efficient processes, stimulate research, develop and implement environmentally friendly technologies to provide solutions to global environmental problems.
- Encourage a culture based on respect for the environment within our companies and among our customers and communities, in order to promote a responsible commitment to environmental preservation.
- Encourage collaborating companies and suppliers to implement environmental management systems that are consistent with the Enel Group’s policies.
In order to ensure compliance and transparency in all the activities carried out by the enel group companies in Colombia, the organization complies with the guidelines imposed by the following supervisory entities: