Do your know how the energy reaches your business?
There are four activities involved in the energy market in our country:
1. Generation: the energy leaves the power plants.
2. Transmission: we drive the energy from the generation plants to outside of the consumption centers through high voltage lines.
3. Distribution: we transport the energy from the National Transmission System to the cities.
4. Marketing: we measure, bill and serve our customers in an activity developed within free competition.
Currently, at Enel Colombia we participate as a generating agent in the Non-Regulated Market, which is composed, according to the provisions of the regulation, by end users that consume at least 55,000 kwh/month of energy or 0.1 MW of power.
- 63.7% of power generation in Colombia comes from water resources, while 31.5% comes from thermal resources such as gas, coal and fuel oil.
- At the end of 2017, the net effective capacity installed in the National Interconnected System was 16,779 MW.
- At Enel Colombia we have an installed capacity of 3,467 MW. We are the second largest generator in the country, with a 21.5% market share.
For our optimal gas commercialization, we take into account the different markets.
Primary Market: Natural gas producers and marketers and imported gas traders can offer natural gas. Also natural gas transporters can offer their transport capacity.
Secondary Market: market participants with gas supply rights and/or with secondary available capacity can negotiate their contractual rights. Natural gas producers-marketers, imported gas traders and transporters may participate as buyers in this market.
Market Manager: responsible for the provision of primary market and secondary market management services. These are its main functions:
- Design, implement and administer the BEC.
- Centralizes transactional and operational information.
- Manages the auction mechanism in the primary natural gas market.
- Manages the marketing mechanisms of the secondary natural gas market.
- Manages the auction mechanism envisaged for contracts with interruptions in the natural gas wholesale market.
- Reports information for monitoring the wholesale natural gas market.
In February 2013, we became a Natural Gas Marketer in Colombia, under the parameters defined in Resolution CREG 089 of 2013 (now Resolution 114 of 2017). We serve clients of the Non- Regulated Market with greater participation in industrial users with national coverage. Therefore, at Enel Colombia we have Supply and Transport contracts in the Primary and Secondary Market; We reach customers by Gas Pipeline or Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
Energy and gas move better in our hands, always with the support of Enel Colombia.