What is the Customer Ombudsman?
The Customer Ombudsman is a mediation figure created as part of the Corporate Social Responsibility to solve cases where customers express dissatisfaction with a request or process that has already been addressed by a customer service channel of the company. The aim is to prevent litigation and seek alternative conflict resolution.
- We provide in-person and virtual assistance with personalized attention, keeping you informed about the status of your request.
- We enable the negotiation between customers and companies, resolving contractual disputes fairly for both parties and preventing administrative and judicial proceedings.
- We work independently, professionally, confidentially, and with a service-oriented approach.
- We always seek conciliation and amicable resolution.
- We are in a process of continuous improvement.
These are the powers of the Office:
These are requests that have already been addressed by Enel, and the customer is not satisfied with the response received. They can be related to any matter concerning the Public Service Contract, as well as products other than Energy Public Service. It is required that you do not have a pending request for the same reason with the Company’s customer service channels.
The Customer Ombudsman does not handle Petition Rights regarding billing or Appeals because these fall under the exclusive competence of the Company according to Article 153 of Act 142 of 1994.
If your request is a billing complaint, you must submit it through the channels provided by the Company, which you can find here.
If it’s related to service quality, you can also submit it in:
- The Enel Colombia App
- Contacting the virtual assistant Elena on WhatsApp at 316 890 6003. To be assisted, you can use the Chat.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
As a Governance body, we can mediate with the Company for customers in a socio-economic vulnerable condition or those who require special conditions for financing the energy consumption amount due to health reasons. Requests for payment agreements with special conditions can be entered as REQUIREMENTS.
You can report any irregular conduct by authorized personnel of Enel Colombia. It’s necessary to provide the circumstances of how, when, and where the events occurred to initiate the corresponding process. Please note that the data regarding the reported individuals are subject to legal confidentiality, and the Company will maintain the confidentiality of the information.
Types of reports
- How do I drive?
Improper behavior of drivers of any vehicle belonging to Enel Colombia, in violation of traffic laws and rules of civic behavior.
Conduct arising from action or omission by direct employees, contractors, or third parties regarding the procedures established by Enel Colombia for their own benefit or the benefit of third parties, resulting in damages to Enel Colombia’s assets or to customers and/or constituting offenses under current criminal legislation.
- Theft of Infrastructure
Unauthorized removal of materials owned by the Company (Completed acts).
- Customer Mistreatment
Conduct that involves poor customer service. It occurs when an employee of Enel Colombia or a contractor carries out, for example, any of the following actions:
- Rude and unhelpful attitude towards the customer.
- Failure to inform the customer of the task they are about to perform.
- Refusal to fully identify themselves to the customer, i.e., not carrying visible identification and/or refusing to show it.
- Failure to provide the customer with the supporting documentation for the work carried out, when mandatory, or making unauthorized charges to the customer.
- Animal Abuse
Acts of mistreatment, cruelty, and/or violence against animals and the removal of wildlife from its habitat.
Omission, carelessness, inattention, or abandonment of duties assigned to employees of Enel Colombia or contractors. It also applies when damage occurs to third-party property in the course of an activity.
- Environmental offenses that occur during on-site activities carried out by direct personnel or contractors.
Questions or Key Information
Reports on such conduct must include the following details:
- Account number or place where the events occurred.
- Date of the events.
- Name of the employee.
- Contract name.
- Operation (Suspension, Inspections, Emergency, Lighting, etc.).
- Vehicle license plate.
Log in, and if you’re already registered, make sure to check that your account and contact information is correct. Select “Customer Ombudsman” from the left menu and choose the type of assistance you require, taking into account the previously described competencies. Don’t forget to fill in all the fields of the form. You can view the response from the Customer Ombudsman in “My Requests” and it will also be sent to your email.