If you require energy to start the construction of your project, request a temporary construction site account, which will supply you with energy during construction, assembly and equipment testing.
- It is a connection that allows supplying energy service to a property or project under construction.
- The technical regulation of electrical installations establishes that the temporary condition will be granted for periods not exceeding six (6) months, extendable at the discretion of the Network Operator, upon request of the user (Enel Requirement: Construction License in force).
- The temporary installation should not be left as permanent and cannot change from a temporary service class to another use.
- Leaving a temporary installation as permanent can lead to damages such as inadequate billing since this service class is billed at commercial rates. Additionally, there are electrical risks because it is not designed for the total required load.
- The grid operator will suspend the temporary connection service when the installation presents a high electrical risk.
- These requests, like the permanent ones, are classified as simple connections or special connections.
Monitoring of provisional accounts
The Technical Regulation of Electrical Installations - RETIE is a mandatory technical standard issued by the Ministry of Mines and Energy whose fundamental principle is to establish the necessary requirements to guarantee protection against risks of electrical origin in all installations.
In numeral 28.2 of this regulation, the definition, scope and conditions of a provisional type installation are detailed, the content of which is quoted verbatim for your information:
“28.2 PROVISIONAL INSTALLATIONS. For the purposes of compliance with the RETIE, a provisional installation will be understood to be one that is built to supply the energy service to a project under construction, with a period of validity until the definitive energization, the completion of the construction, or for the temporary supply of energy to transitory installations such as fairs or shows, equipment assembly, demolitions and research projects such as seismic tests or exploratory drilling. The Provisional Condition will be granted for periods not exceeding six months (extendable according to the criteria of the network operator or whoever provides the service, upon user request) (...)”.
In accordance with the above, the provisional works have a specific and temporary purpose mainly associated with projects under construction, in this sense and in accordance with the aforementioned standard, the Electricity Public Service Contract establishes the following:
- Clauses 9.1. and 9.3 – Obligations of the client: “9.1. Make use of the public electric power service in the terms established by law, regulation and this Contract.”, “9.3. Use the service only in the property for which it was contracted, with the account, charge and class of service, with the conditions stipulated in the respective service request or contract”.
Having mentioned the provisions that govern the provisional energy service, we inform you that it has a period of 6 months that can be extended according to the criteria of the network operator or whoever provides the service.
In order to comply with the regulatory framework and what is stated in the Uniform Conditions Contract, Enel Colombia has been carrying out notification visits to the client so that the client can request the extension of their provisional account or in case of seeing the construction of the project completed or housing request the cancellation of your account.
If you do not request the extension of the provisional work account and your account is not in the process of receiving the work or waiting for the final energization of your project, the energy service may be suspended.
The provisional work accounts cannot remain as definitive use, after seeing the project under construction completed.
To request the extension of the service of your provisional account, it is necessary to present the following documentation to the email: email@example.com
- Current construction license or current extension, if you are not building the buildings but the green areas, platforms, among others, submit the current urban planning or sanitation license.
- Certificate of tradition and freedom not older than 90 days.
- Extension request letter specifying the account number.
How do I cancel and disconnect?
We want to assist you in the cancellation process for the temporary account. Keep in mind that this procedure can be done through firstname.lastname@example.org or Enel Colombia Service Centers.
Work provisional account cancellations
When requesting the cancellation of your provisional account, it is necessary to relate the name of your project, feasibility and location.
- Client must cancel values for withdrawal rights (the account must be up to date for all concepts).
- Request for cancellation of the account, through the following format here.
- Natural person: Certificate of freedom and tradition not older than 90 days.
- Legal person: Certificate of freedom and tradition not older than 90 days.
- Chamber of Commerce no longer than 90 days.
- Third request: Certificate of freedom and tradition not older than 90 days
- Copy of the owner's identity card
- Copy of identity card of the authorized
If you do not have a release certificate, any of the following documents:
- Property tax of the last period.
- Property possession document.
- Judicial sentence of Adjudication of the property.
- Administrative resolution of adjudication of the property.
- CHousing Leasing Contract signed with a legally constituted financial entity.
- Public deed
The documents must be submitted to the email email@example.com
If you are in Cundinamarca you can request the cancellation at the service centers.
In case you require a simple connection, contact the new supplies telephone line:
Line 1: 7115115 – Option 2
Remember to have the Enel Colombia invoice for the property of your request or a neighboring property on hand.
If your connection is special, ask us for the service feasibility where our potential clients are informed of the connection point for their project, together with the technical, documentary and commercial requirements that must be met to obtain the energy service.
You can request the feasibility through the following channels:
- Telephone line: 601-5801000 option 2.
- Download the feasibility request form here and send it to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our specialized staff will attend to your service requests and the response will be available in seven (7) business days. The response will be sent by email if the request was made by email, or consult through our website.